operating via amateur satellites


Now Peters station has the full bells and whistles and it would be

very easy to mess things up with this in mind I had over a period of
time watched Peter, and I also asked for some operating instruction
which I was told “click on the letters in SatPC32 and spin the VFO“.

Of course I had to turn the PC on switch the power on to the IC-910
and turn the power on for the G-5500 elevation – azimuth dual
controller having a fully computer controlled station made things a
lot easier.


However I am use to operating on HF and its an entirely different ball
game and operating style I was surprised how weak some of the signals
were the s’meter hardly moved and of course I was speaking to people
who sometimes sounded off frequency I soon learnt how to use the VFO
in the log are:


IZ5TEP (JN53), EA1IW (IN83), EA4AYW (IN70), GS3PYE/P (IO75)


SP9RXP (KN09), EA1JM (IN70), EA1IW (IN83), II6CC (JN63), M0NPT (io92)


G0TKZ (JO01), SP9RXP (KN09), ON4CJQ (JO21), GS3PYE/P (IO75)


IZ1DBY (JN45), EA4BFK (IN80), GS3PYE/P (IO75)

I wrote and sent the qsl cards on the 3rd of July apart from the GS3PYE/P qso’s as they are oqrs.


P1070535 The PESKY RX101

Today I received in the post the PESKY RX101 from Spectrum communications it’s billed as:
A single band PSK receiver as a further development of the RSGB Centenary Receiver and the Sudden Receiver, with new band pass coupled front-end filter and bipolar RF stage. The full historical development of this receiver from its 1st version in 1989 to the present day is the subject of Doing It by Design in PW in July 2014. The receiver connects between the aerial and the computer and should prove an ideal companion for the Raspberry Pi computer.
It sounds a fun item of kit to have in the shack I was keen to get it set up and running – however we soon discovered that on RX there was brake through from a strong broadcast station that spoiled the decode of the PSK signal I called the shop on the landline and after a chat with G4CFY we were advised to remove C5 by removing C5 we had lowered the gain of the RX once this had been done we were in business the unwanted broadcast station had disappeared and we were able to decode signals